Home wins $25,000 DaimlerCares Award
Last month, representatives from the Children’s Attention Home attended a volunteer fair at Daimler Trucks in Fort Mill with about 16 other agencies nominated by Daimler employees for the DaimlerCares Program Award. At the fair, Daimler employees in the Fort Mill office came and visited every agency, then voted on the one they felt should receive the prize.
After 367 votes, the Children's Attention won the GRAND prize of $25,000!!! Five other agencies also received smaller awards of $3,000 each.
Daimler's WIN (Women's International Network) groups from all 6 North and South Carolina offices adopted the Home as their agency for this year. Throughout this year so far:
- The Home attended speaking engagements with each office
- Groups have come on tours of the campus.
- They collected donations for Christmas in July
- Groups have scheduled service projects
- Children from the Home went for a lunch and learn event at Daimler’s Mt. Holly plant.
- Held substantial financial donation drives for the Home during Child Abuse Prevention Month in April
- Has an employee that will hosts an annual golf tournament as a fundraiser for us in the fall
- They signed up several employees to support and volunteer at Deep in the Heart
- They've even sponsored Deep in the Heart at $2,500!
Carolin Burger, WIN Outreach Co-Chair, says, “When our Women’s Interactive Network (WIN) – one of Daimler Trucks North America’s employee business resource groups – selected the Children’s Attention Home (CAH) as charity partner for 2019, we couldn’t have imagined the success we’d experience.” She finishes with, “I am extremely proud to work for a company that takes care of the people in our community and to be able to make a difference for the kids at CAH this year!”
Brian Cota, Daimler’s Vice President for National Accounts, also adds, “Daimler Trucks North America was proud to host the Children’s Attention Home at our Mt. Holly production facility and excited to provide a donation to help continue the great work they do developing these amazing kids. We hope our efforts will open their eyes to the many great opportunities available and prepare them for their transition into adulthood and lead to a successful future.”
The Children’s Attention Home could not accomplish its mission without the support from companies like Daimler! Executive Director Emily Parrish expresses, "We at the Home are so blessed to have strong community partners. Because of Damiler we have had so many new opportunities and relationships. 'Grateful' is truly an understatement!"