Join Our Team!
Have a passion for Non-Profit work? Looking to contribute to a mission with meaning and purpose?
If you answered “Yes!” to the questions above…The Children’s Attention Home needs YOU! The Children’s Attention Home has a team of 60+ members dedicated to providing the care and support our children’s needs.
It takes a team effort to make sure our children are getting the quality care they need. From the day to day operations to the future direction of the Home, every individual on our staff and our board leaves a lasting impact on the lives of our children.
To see all current job opportunities, see our job postings on Job Score.
JOB POSTING: Executive Director
Children’s Attention Home, located in Rock Hill, SC, is seeking a qualified leader for the position of Executive Director.
Children’s Attention Home (CAH) serves children ages birth to 21 all across South Carolina, offering temporary shelter, compassionate support and individualized care for abused or neglected children.
The qualified candidate will have a strong track-record of community-building, business management, fund-raising, team-building and regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leadership: Provides inspirational leadership to staff in the development and implementation of short and long-range goals. Oversees staffing, training, team-building, supervising, and evaluation of CAH staff.
- Business Management: Handles the financial/asset management of CAH including the development and implementation of the annual budget and asset preservation plans; oversees HR, contractual agreement oversight, and networking with community partners.
- Fundraising: Oversees development and execution of CAH annual fundraising plan. Works strategically to expand financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations to ensure a sustained base of donors. Oversees organization of fundraising special events. Oversees development and tracking of proposals and reports for all foundation, grant and corporate fundraising.
- Regulatory Compliance: Assures programs meet all regulatory compliance standards established by state and federal contract and the Council on Accreditation.
- Board: Assists the Chairman and the Board of Directors in goal setting and execution. Supports the Board Development’s efforts to recruit and orient new Board Members with the skills needed to further the goals of CAH. Recommends new policies, programs, and strategic plans consistent with the vision of CAH and executes all policies/decisions of the Board.
- Programs: Manages the programs to ensure all programs operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of CAH. Assures programs meet the changing policy and procedures of DSS and governmental and clinical services for the children. Completes an annual formal review of CAH programs to evaluate goals/objectives, cost and outcomes. Implements and leads a continuous quality improvement process.
- An advanced degree in business or a field related to the Home’s mission of serving children
- At least five years of related leadership experience
- Ability to effectively carry out the responsibilities outlined above and in the full position description
- Strong ability to inspire, lead and instruct individuals and teams.
- Must have excellent and caring communication skills to connect and build relationships with internal clients, external clients, and employees in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate integrity, strong character, professionalism and a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization when working with employees and support community.
- Ability to independently manage workload, set priorities, meet deadlines, work under pressure and adjust to constant change.
- Self-motivated and able to operate with little supervision while working under pressure with tight time frames and deadlines.
- Demonstrate maturity in decision-making and initiative all while being a team-player and collaborator.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Analysis skills – ability to review a problem and recommend appropriate solutions based on knowledge of job and organizational procedures.
Children’s Attention Home offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
Job Type: Full-time
Review of credentials will begin January 3, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. To be considered, submit a cover letter articulating fitness for the position’s qualifications, ability to carry out the responsibilities and the organization’s mission, and salary requirements, along with a resume reflecting recent and relevant leadership experience through the online application. Serious applicants can direct questions to EDsearch@attentionhome.org.
Candidates who are selected for an initial phone screening will be required to provide a 3-5 minute video demonstrating the candidate’s public speaking ability.